We are saddened that, due to request by National Division, all conferences are cancelling their summer Mission u events. This is due to our utmost concern for safety around group gatherings. Your Mission u team has been planning since last year, our quality study leaders have been certified….we were ready….but change is something we are all experiencing during these days.
Our business manager and registrar, Susan Chamberlain will be following up with those who have already paid registration fees. If you already reserved your hotel space you need to cancel those.
National Division is considering ways to provide online learning opportunities and we will keep you updated when confirmed. We want to take the time to thank each of our study leaders and worship team that were looking forward to inspiring and challenging each of us.
“The Way of Peace, Our Longing for Community”
July 23 – 26
Wesley UMC Yakima, WA
- Spiritual Growth Study: Finding Peace in an Anxious World Edited by Erin James-Brown
- The 2020 Spiritual Growth Study by Erin Brown and the Urban Village Church staff, uses the Serenity Prayer as a guide to help Christians find their way through anxiety, worry and fear towards God’s peace that passes all understanding.
- Finding Peace in an Anxious World
- Lead by Joanne Coleman Campbell
- Managing Anxiety: A Youth Study
- Lead by Abby Niehaus
- Managing Our Emotions: A Children’s Study
- Lead by Rudilyn (Lyn) C. Rush
- Issue Study: Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Dr. Monique Morris
- This insightful book invites the reader to learn about the school-to-prison pipeline, school-to-confinement pathways and school pushout through the words and stories of dozens of young people from all across the country, historical information and careful reflection. Push out was not written specifically for United Methodist Women or a Mission u context; it was published in 2016 by The New Press for a general audience.
- Music will be lead by Rev. Jenny Partch