Get Acquainted Questions
It’s important to consider Arrival Gatherings and other opportunities to get acquainted, learn about each other, and begin to establish understanding and connections.
- In small group or home gatherings to get to know the pastor
- In a large group introductory setting
- Published interview in the church newsletter
- Others ideas?
Possible interview topics and questions:
- How long have you been in the ministry?
- Where have you lived and served prior to this?
- Tell us about your call to ministry?
- When did you first become aware of God’s call in your life?
- Tell us about your family. (Also ask appropriate questions of family members if they are present.)
- Do you have a favorite Bible story or image?
- What are your other interests in life? Hobbies? How do you enjoy spending a free day?
- What is the most recent movie you’ve seen or a recent book you’ve read?
- What are your dreams in ministry?
- What are you most looking forward to in our broader community?
If meeting in small groups, determine topics that everyone can respond to, allowing the new pastor to also learn about others.
Image Credit: Some rights reserved by Krearchiv.
Created by Gail F Grossman. May be reproduced in small quantities for local church use only, without further permission.